How to make delicious Japanese Tea? (matcha and sencha)
General instructions for making a cup of Japanese Tea:
1. Prepare boiled hot water and wait till it cools down to the recommended temperature.
2. Place tea leaves in a teapot.
3. Pour the hot water into the teapot.
4. Steep for the recommended period of time.
5. Pour the tea liquid into the tea cup to the last drop.
|Type of tea||Amount for one cup||Temperature of hot water||Amount of water||Steeping time|
|Gyokuro||3 grams||50°c (122° F)||20 ml||150 sec|
|Sencha||3 grams||70°c (158° F)||60 ml||90 sec|
|Kriganecha||3 grams||80°c (176° F)||60 ml||60 sec|
|Houjicha||3 grams||100°c (212° F)||130 ml||30 sec|
|Genmaicha||4 grams||100°c (212° F)||130 ml||30 sec|
NB: For the second steeping, the above time can be shortened to 2/3. For example: Gyokuro, first steeping: 150 sec. / second: 100 sec.
General instructions for making a bowl of Matcha
1. Pre-heat a matcha bowl with hot water.
2. Place about 1.5g of Matcha in the bowl.
3. Pour about 40ml of 80°C (176° F) of hot water into the bowl.
4. Whisk the mixture with a bamboo whisk till it becomes