Cast iron teapot, also called Japanese Tetsubin in Japanese will be the perfect tool for making excellent tea.
It's not really easy to take care of a cast iron teapot, so we decided to help you with this short guide:
If using new cast iron teapot, follow these steps:
1. Fill with steaming water and rinse inside of your teapot.
2. Pour it out and repeat this process 3-4 times.
3. Wipe both inside and outside of your teapot with a dry cloth while it is still warm.
4. Before infuse your tea, rinse inside of your teapot with hot water and pour it out.
5. Place a certain amount of tea into the tea infuser.
6. Pour hot water into the tea infuser until steep the tea leaves in it and replace the lid on your teapot.
7. Remove the tea infuser after a few minutes. Pour tea into a cup and enjoy it.
The things not to do:
1. Never heat your teapot or don't let it boil dry or It may be damaged.
2. Never scrub both inside and outside of teapot with a hard brush!
3. Clean and rinse only the inside of teapot with a soft sponge. Never use detergents I Wipe both inside and outside of your teapot with a dry cloth while it is still warm.
5. Don't leave any water in your teapot.
6. Never expose your teapot to salt or oil.
If you like the tesubin on the picture, check our collection and discover the best cast iron teapots made in Japan: